Thank you for participating in our first ever online convention. The purpose of this convention will be to vote on three proposed bylaws amendments. The text of these amendments can be found here: http://www.rlc.org/delegate-apportionment-proposals/
In order to make the online convention run as smooth as possible, please read the following instructions carefully:
1) If you have an amendment to proffer on any of the proposals please send it to email@example.com no later than 5pm Friday, February 8th, so we can put it into the software for presentation ahead of time (we encountered too many computer/software variables when an individual tries to screen share on the fly).
2) At 3:45pm Sunday February 10th log on to the web site with the credentials you were given vie email.
3) Call in using your landline or cell phone (offers best audio quality) and – IMPORTANT! – enter the audio pin provided (this links your phone to you online meeting session). You will NOT be able to vote on floor amendments if you’re only using the audio portion of the conference bridge.
4) All attendees will be muted at the beginning of the call. If you wish to speak you will use the mood button to raise your hand and be recognized. The Chair will give you the floor and unmute you. You can then turn on your webcam if you wish. Once you’ve finished speaking you would turn off your web cam and change your mood to “I’m good” (lowers your hand). The Chair will then move on to the next person.
5) We will use the software’s polling feature to vote on amendments (remember, amendments must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday, February 8th. The final vote will be taken via a separate voting service called ElectionBuddy through email. The ballots will have a lifespan of 24 hours, so even if you’re unable to make the call you’ll still be able to vote on the finalized amendments.
As this is the first time we’ve tried something of this magnitude, we expect some bumps along the way. Please be patient.